Sunday 16 February 2014

FOREO Luna Mini


There's a whole world beyond scrubs and face washes…as I'm sure we all know: skin DEVICES (sounds weird and evil to me but….anything that helps). The Clarisonic is one of the most popular skincare devices on the market but there is a lesser known star rising in the sky: FOREO's Luna (mini). Read on for more info!




I know it looks a bit like another "device" but I assure you it is merely a skincare device. I was offered a campaign back in October (bzzagent) to try the Luna Mini out at a reduced price. The Luna mini retails for about $140 and it's regular sized partner is $199 (and currently being sold in Sephora stores). A bit pricey but in reality a good deal, it's made out of an easy to clean silicone and you don't have to buy extras for it every month like you do with the Clarisonic. Sounds good, right? But does it work?

It claims the same as most devices: clearer, brighter, & smoother skin. I have to admit when I first received the product I was skeptical, "you mean this vibrating thing is gonna work miracles for my skin?" I honestly didn't think that anything that wasn't at least slightly abrasive would really be all that beneficial. I couldn't have been more wrong. I LOVE MY LUNA MINI!!!! Upon first use my skin looked radiant and was heaps smoother. I was shocked. I've been using this device as part of my skincare routine ever since and my skin has definitely benefited. I absolutely have brighter, smoother, and clearer skin. As far as the anti-aging aspects, I honestly can't comment on because I don't really have any wrinkles yet, but here's hoping this device will prevent them! 

I formerly used the Clarisonic and was never satisfied or rather, I hated having to constantly buy replacement brushes and honestly, I absolutely hated the way it felt on my face. It was far too rough for me. I can't completely knock the Clarisonic as it is a wonderful device as well, but for me, my Luna mini takes the cake. Doesn't irritate my skin, I didn't have that awkward "purging" stage, it's travel friendly, easy to keep clean, and 1 full charge lasts up to 300 uses. What's not to love?

Side used for cleansing

Side used for "anti-aging/firming"

Have any of you tried this product? Please share your experiences or ask any questions you might have! :)

4 comments:

  1. That looks like an interesting product, does it work?!

    Josie xoxo
    Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It works beautifully for me. I love how it's not as abrasive as the Clarisonic but given it's gentleness is still very effective. Easy to clean and no "purging" stage. I love it!

      Delete
  2. relay interested in this! lovely post!
    http://mermaidstyles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the mini one don't have an anti-aging side. Dammit! Should have gotten the mini instead.

    ReplyDelete