Wednesday 21 August 2013

Bobbi Brown Mascara & Diorshow Blackout Samples


These are two sample mascaras that I got for Christmas. They were hidden away for ages and then something possessed me to give them a go and now they've become staples in my mascara rotation! Once I have the budget to do so and I've run dry on these samples I'll get my hands on some full size versions! Read on for details :)
First up: Bobbi Brown Lash Glamour Extreme Lengthening Mascara (a mouthful)


What can I say about this mascara other than I absolutely love it and it has never failed me! It gives you full long lashes. No clumping. No flaking. The only downside about this is the brush, and not because it's not effective but rather it's kinda rough. As in, every time I use it I can feel it on the rim of my lid and it's just an unusual feeling that isn't the most pleasant. It kinda makes me cringe. But it goes from root to tip and is very effective!

Next up: Diorshow Blackout


This is also another wonderful mascara and one of my favorites. It's very black. No clumping. No flaking. The brush is slightly more difficult to use but I think that's mostly do to the short stature of the wand since it's a sample. It does produce beautiful lashes though. With a little cleaning up around the edges with a Q-tip or cotton swab you're good to go. What else can I say about it? I prefer the Bobbi Brown over this mascara, but it by all means isn't bad. 

Have you tried either of these?

1 comment:

  1. I used to have a Bobbi Brown mascara in a delicious plum, great for summer and it was nice, but a little bit dry to work with. Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete