Saturday 10 August 2013

White Girl Problems

(Rich) White Girl Problems


I honestly can't remember how I came across this book. I must've been buying another book and this popped up in the suggestions and the title caught my eye. I'm sure there is a meme out there somewhere based on "white girl problems" kind of like there is one for "first world problems" I was just curious to see exactly what this was. Read the reviews. Most found it really entertaining, it was only $0.01. So I figured what the heck, I need some laughs. Read on to see what this White Girl Problems mess is all about :)



Overall the reviews for this book are pretty good with a few here and there saying that it's a waste of tree. I don't think those people understood this was a "joke book" and not a real memoir. As far as I understand it, it's a book poking fun at the elite or rather the elite's children and their "problems" which range from eating carbs to spending too much to "i don't like the way my vagina looks."

Babe Walker (a fictional person) has landed herself in rehab after spending an exuberant amount of money at Barneys. Each chapter is focused on one of her "problems" and each fly into funny stories that you just can't help but laugh at. Even if you feel like a complete ponce reading this you can't deny how funny it is. It may not be anything serious, definitely a light read, but it sheds light on and pokes fun at our society's elite and ridiculousness. Again, I'm pretty sure Babe Walker is a fabricated person but to add to the fun there is a website where you can follow her life: http://www.babewalker.com

Also, I cannot tell you how many quotes I could yank out of this book that just knock you out. So funny. I even thought about scouring the book for quotes to show you but I figured if you were really intrigued you'd look into the book. I wouldn't wanna ruin the fun for ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment