Monday 12 August 2013

I love...coconut & cream


I bought this while I was on a body wash kick. Got them at a local pharmacy that had them marked down to half price (about 2 euro each). I love coconut. It's always kind of fun to try out new coconut scented products because it seems that no two ever smell the same. Some are really strong, others lightly scented, and then some just don't smell like a coconut at all but something completely indescribable. On a sidenote, I nearly thought these were treaclemoon (review here) products at first glance. The packaging is quite similar. Anyway, read on to see what I thought about these 2 products :)


I Love Coconut & Cream Bubble Bath & Shower Creme:

The smell is really strong. It smells good but can get overwhelming and kind of sickening if you're swimming around in it for too long. It does smell of coconut for sure but also nearly has a baked goods smell too it (maybe that's the cream element? I know that doesn't make sense...). So be wary if you can't handle strong scents. Aside from that it lathers up very well and doesn't dry your skin out. Or at least I didn't experience dry skin after use. 

I Love Coconut & Cream Moisturizing Body Lotion:

The body lotion also has a strong smell but it's not nearly as overwhelming. Honestly, I wasn't expecting much from this product but I was quite surprised. It absorbs well enough, the scent won't clash with any perfume used, and it has a decently rich texture. Generally I find cheaper lotions to be very watery but this was definitely "creamy."

Overall, I'm quite pleased with these products and may purchase other scents in this range.

6 comments:

  1. These sounds really nice, love your review and I totally get the baked goods scent from the creaminess haha.
    Love your blog and now following. Check mine out too?
    http://jamiesessions11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love coconut scented body wash so this would be great for me. Amber http://alwaysblabbing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the scent of coconut and this sounds amazing, extra bonus that it's so cheap :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish most things were this nice and this cheap :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Ashley, nice blog indeed! What about following each other on G+ and leaving comments on the posts? There's the Google translate button right at the top of my blog :)

    ReplyDelete