Wednesday 25 September 2013

Rimmel London Salon Pro Ultra Violet and L'Oreal Confetti Top Coat


Who doesn't love treating their nails to some fun colors and care? That was one of the first things I did after I finished my thesis. I went out and picked up 2 new fun polishes and went right to taking care of my nails (they were sooooo neglected). 




Products Used:

Sally Hansen's Complete Care 4 -in- 1 Treatment: I've been using this for most of my manicures. It gives a good base for the polish. Helps it last longer and prevents staining. It also helps make the nails stronger and gives support to any nail issues (ridges, brittleness etc...) you may be having. Cheap enough and overall I'm happy with this purchase. Getting some use out of it for sure. Only thing is, sometimes it can give a non-smooth (but not exactly rough or bumpy) texture to the nail, but it doesn't hinder the color polish look. (hope that made sense).

Rimmel Salon Pro in Ultra Violet: I thought this was a fun color. It's a light purple but not quite a pastel (which I think is good). I love Rimmel's Salon Pro range, beautiful colors and the formula is long-lasting for sure. On average I can get away with 4 days of absolutely no chipping or wearing. By day 5 or 6 there may be some wearing at the tips and very small chips. By far one of the best ranges for long lasting power. 

Elegant Touch Rapid Dry for Nails with Vitamin E: I'm one of those people who decide to do my nails right before I go to bed and have no patience for waiting for them to dry completely. I always have smudges and hate that, especially after all the hard work done. So I picked up this quick dry spray. I've never used one before and was skeptical but it was well worth the 2 or 3 euro I spent. I sprayed this on after every layer and about 30-60 seconds the nail was dry and ready for the next coat. It also helped moisturize and soften my cuticles. Will definitely purchase again.

L'Oreal Paris Top Coat Confetti: This was definitely an impulse buy. I usually go for glittery top coats but I thought this was cute. This particular top coat is fairly smooth, not as rough as some glittery/fun top coats out there. Doesn't snag or anything. I do love the L'Oreal Color Riche range of polishes. They also give good color and long lasting wear. You can find a more in-depth post of them HERE

Rimmel Pro Super Wear Top Coat: Finally, I applied Rimmel's Pro Super Wear top coat, just to help the nails last longer and give them some extra shine. It's a great final coat for long lasting nails. 

What is your favorite nail combo? Do you like fun top coats?



14 comments:

  1. Really cute look but the purple is so pretty you could easily wear it just plain! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loreal hasn't come out with the confetti nail polishes in Australia yet, but we're defintiely going to be on the search for them once they arereleased!

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. L'Oreal has stepped their game up on the nail polish front. I love most of their shades just wish they were a tad cheaper. :)

      Delete
  4. Nice post!! thank you so much for your visit! I follow you with GFC and Bloglovin!
    and I added you by g+ too! I'm very happy if you do the same.
    Have a good week!! my g+ and like in bloglovin for your post !!!:)))

    Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your blog is gorgeous. Following you now via GFC and Bloglovin. :)

      Delete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE this look!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure that'd be wonderful. Following you now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya, just to let you know that I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award and hope you'll join in :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the L'OREAL top coat. It is really interesting and fun to wear!
    http://beautylovesbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi
    this is really very helpful article. I go through this site really very nice information.thank for sharing such a nice information hair salon hoboken

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post - you're nail polish is so pretty!

    Jenny
    xx

    somelikeitstyled.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete