Thursday 18 July 2013

Argan 5 Ultra Rich Body Butter and Precious Oil Elixir Review


I probably own or at least have purchased more than enough lotions, body butters, and moisturizers in some other form this year so far...and it's especially ridiculous because usually I'm far too lazy to actually use any of them on a daily basis. They are lucky to be touched once a month if that. I mean...I try to use some form of moisturizer after every shower but usually I'm in a rush, don't feel like waiting for it to absorb or simply don't feel like feeling sticky (as we know some lotions tend to do). I'm very picky about what I put on my skin and I'm always looking for that one product that doesn't let me down in any kind of way. I personally hate anything that doesn't absorb quickly. I don't like walking around feeling like I've just walked into Houston humidity when I live in Ireland. Those who've been to or live in Houston, Texas will understand what I mean. (Hell, really that goes for anywhere in the South in the summer.) Anyway, I came across these two beauties not too long ago : Argan 5 Ultra-Rich Body Butter and Precious Oil Elixir. 




Argan Oil has been growing in popularity over the last few years, I don't even know if you can call it a "cult" product anymore. As my brother would say, "That's sooo pedestrian now." *shakes head* Anyway, as we all know argan oil is a gift from a multitude of gods to heal us of all out skin and hair ailments. I've never been one to fall for the hype. I bought these products because they were half off at the time and smelled really good. But didn't have a clue if they'd live up to all the hype. And now on to the review:

Argan 5 Ultra-Rich Body Butter

Besides Argan oil, there are other helpful oils: Baobab Oil, Kukui Seed Oil, Moringa Oil, and Sacha Inci Oil. All very rich in Vitamins A, C, E, and F as well as Omega 3, 6 and 9. I don't necessarily know what all that means, but I'll chalk it up to mean: This is the shit!

Texture: Many body butters are thick and kind of intimidating. I expected this to be the same. It kind of looks think but once you scoop some up it's actually very light. Light and Rich. It's nice.

Smell: The smell is my favorite. It has a very light fragrance, sweet and airy. It's a lovely smell and you can slather this stuff on and not worry about it clashing with any perfume you might want to wear. 

Absorption: This absorbs like a dream! Absorbs very quickly. I love that because I can't stand feeling like I have something just laying on top of my skin. 

Overall, this is a wonderful product, it's very rich yet not a heavy body butter and absorbs very quickly. I'd even say you could use it only every other day and your skin will still be feeling nice and soft. It's a winner for sure. 

Precious Oil Elixir

This is a multi-purpose product. You can use it on your hair, cuticles, skin, and is suppose to be good for any skin imperfections like acne scars and stretch marks. 

I've mostly used it on my cuticles and occasionally on some stretch marks. I'm generally not a fan of oils because they just never seem to absorb as intended but like the body butter this absorbs like a dream and smells wonderful. It did help out my cuticles. I may try it on my hair eventually, but I generally don't need to put too many "help" products on my hair. Doesn't get damaged often cause I generally don't do anything to it. As for the stretch marks, I haven't been using it consistently so I can't speak to that just yet, but will update on that matter when I come to a more definite conclusion. 

Do you have any favorite products that contain Argan Oil?

1 comment:

  1. yeah argan oil has been around for a while now. I highly recommend it for the hair. I've been using the pro naturals leave-in treatment and it's fantastic

    ReplyDelete